Class Code: 1020 / Issue Year: 2012
“Disabled Driver Decal” – The disabled driver decal is a decal affixed to the lower left corner of most plates. The decal can be affixed to all license plates, except for the following plates that are not issued under Tennessee Code Annotated Title 55, Chapter 4, Part 2:
- Low speed
- Medium speed
- Class Code 1000 and 1001 Passenger Plates
- All Commercial plates (H plates, Commercial bus, apportioned, and J plates)
- All Trailer plates (Trailer E, 10 Year Trailer E, Semi plate)
The decal was established to allow holders of these license plates to keep their plate but take advantage of disabled parking privileges by certification of a permanent disability by a licensed physician or Christian Science practitioner listed in the Christian Science Journal.
NOTE: This decal may also be obtained by Disabled Veterans.
To be eligible for a disabled driver decal, the registrant must:
- Complete the Application for Disabled Person License Plate/Placard
- Have a physician or Christian Science practitioner listed in the Christian Science
Journal complete the Certification of Disability. (If applicant is exchanging an
existing unexpired disabled driver plate for a specialty plate, the certification is
NOTE: The Disabled Driver Decal is free of charge and does not expire; however, if the
applicant changes specialty plates and still wants a decal, a new decal will have to be