CLASS CODE/ISSUE YEAR
Disabled Driver (With Fee)
Disabled Driver (Free Confined To Wheelchair)
Disabled Driver Personalized (With Fee)
Disabled Driver Personalized (Free Confined To Wheelchair)
Motorcycle Disabled (With Fee)
Motorcycle Disabled (No Charge)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Owners or lessees of passenger motor vehicles who are residents of the State of Tennessee who are permanently or temporarily
- confined to a wheelchair, or
- able to walk only with difficulty or uncertainty or
- with vision of not more than 20/200 with corrective lenses.
- Disabled drivers may apply for license plates and/or placards
- Disabled passengers may apply for placards only.
- Any owner or lessee of a motor vehicle who is the parent or legal guardian of a person who is permanently and totally confined to a wheelchair shall be provided one free license plate.
- If not permanently and totally confined to a wheelchair may be issued one plate (registration) upon payment of applicable fees.
- Persons with a temporary disabling condition lasting a maximum of six months, temporary placards are also available and may be re-issued once
- Applicants must provide proof of permanent or temporary disability, for complete instructions see page 2 of the Application For Disabled Person License Plate and/or Placard
- The Application must be completed in its entirety, including the certified statement from a physician, licensed physical therapist, licensed chiropractic physician, or Christian Science practitioner.
PERSONALIZATION: Maximum characters available to personalize: 6
To personalize a plate, the applicant must complete the Online Application for Tennessee Personalized License Plate.
|NUMBER TO BE ISSUED FREE PER REGISTRANT
|NUMBER TO BE ISSUED WITH FEE PER REGISTRANT
|VEHICLE MUST BE REGISTERED BY
|OWNER OR LESSEE