Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-4-115
A permit issued for temporary use on trailers that are not subject to registration.
1210, Issue Year: 2008
- Trailer manufacturers or dealers may assign and issue a temporary trailer permit to a purchaser to move the trailer for a period of no more than five (5) days
- The statutory “LIFE” or valid period of this permit shall include Saturday and Sunday
- Each permit issued must be completely filled out in black ink
- The expiration date must be legibly completed in permanent black marker and measure at least two (2) inches in height
- The issue date must be punched with a single hole
- Each person or company who issues these permits must maintain a ledger or log showing the name and address of the person receiving the permit, a complete description of the trailer and the date of issuance. These records must be kept for no less than fifteen (15) months from the date of the transaction
- A person or company may forfeit the right to issue temporary trailer permits for failure to comply with the regulations or the law governing their issuance.