- Plate specifications chart added to the following pages: CLASS I & CLASS II (OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE "OHV") PLATES, Low/Medium Speed Vehicles
- DEALER PLATES OVERVIEW - added information about REPLACEMENT DEALER PLATES: Lost/Stolen Plates: The fee to replace lost plates is the same rate as provided for obtaining the plate initially issued. The application for duplicate license plate must be completed in its entirety, including certification that the loss/theft has been reported to law enforcement.Mutilated/Defaced Plates: The fee to replace a mutilated or defaced plate is $10 if the mutilated plate is surrendered to the clerk.
- Added the following pages under Administrative Functions/Vehicle Services Information - Meeting Handouts and Presentations, Vehicle Services Contacts, County Clerk Connection Newsletter Links
- Sale of Emergency Vehicles - In the aftermath of 9/11, the United States Department of Homeland Security requested states more closely monitor the sale of emergency vehicles. Vehicle Services complied by adding Side B to the Emergency License Plate Authorization form especially for authorization for the sale of emergency vehicles. Tennessee, along with the majority of other states, has discontinued this requirement. Although the Authorization for the Sale of Emergency Vehicles is no longer required, registrants are still responsible for complying with the laws regarding which emergency markings are permissible in Tennessee (Tenn. Code Ann. Sections 55-9-402 and 414).
- Law Book Re-designations - Public Chapter 1023, 2018 designates new citations for most of the sections in title 55, chapter 4, part 2. The changes have been made to the online law book and will be published in the next Tennessee Code Annotated book. This page has a charge showing what the new designations are.
- New Plate Pages: TENNESSEE TITANS (added the re-designed plate), 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
- Title-Only - added the following verbiage: IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED REASONS IS APPLICABLE, THE COUNTY MAY ISSUE THE TITLE-ONLY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION BY VEHICLE SERVICES. IF A REQUEST DOES NOT MEET THE ABOVE LISTED CRITERIA, PLEASE SEND A REQUEST TO COUNTY CLERK SUPPORT BY CLICKING THE GREEN HELP BUTTON ON THIS PAGE OR SEND AN EMAIL TO COUNTYCLERK.HELP@TN.GOV
- Tennessee State Guard and National Guard lists added to the respective pages.
County Clerks Guide
Have more questions? Submit a request