Plate Class 3989 Issue Year 2018
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Owners or lessees of passenger motor vehicles who are residents of the state of Tennessee and who meet one of the following requirements:
- Active, retired or honorably discharged members of 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) in good standing.
- An “Under Honorable” discharge does not meet the qualifications for plates requiring an “Honorably Discharged” status.
- Member’s spouse and children of qualifying 5th Special Forces Group members are also eligible.
For proof of eligibility, all applications must be accompanied by the following:
- Military orders, or other official documentation detailing an assignment to 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) as proof of eligibility, and
- The following documentation must be provided:
- Active duty members of 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) must present a valid military identification card or such other document as the commissioner designates as sufficient proof that the applicant is an active duty member of the military;
- Retired or honorably discharged members of 5th Special Forces Group (Airborne) must present:
- (i) A certified copy of the member's certificate of release or discharge from active duty, department of defense form 214 (DD 214); or
- (ii) A valid DD form 2 (Retired) military identification card; or
- (iii) A Tennessee driver license that indicates military service
- Spouses or children of a member must be accompanied by
- Documentation that is required from the member (as indicated above) and
- Sufficient proof that the applicant is the spouse or child of a member, including:
- (i) A valid DD form 1173 military dependent identification card; or
- (ii) A marriage certificate; or
- (iii) A birth certificate or certificate of adoption;
- Surviving spouses of deceased retired or honorably discharged members or of a member who died while on active duty shall be issued a license plate pursuant to this section, until the surviving spouse remarries, upon providing documentation required from the member (as indicated above) and providing a copy of the death certificate of the deceased.
NOTE: Applicant is required to submit the documentation required only when initially applying for the plate.
Maximum characters available to personalize: 6
To personalize a plate, the applicant must complete the Online Application for Tennessee Personalized License Plate.
|NUMBER TO BE ISSUED||UNLIMITED|
|VEHICLE MUST BE REGISTERED BY||APPLICANT, SPOUSE, CHILD|
|OWNER/LEASED||OWNER OR LESSEE|