Regular: 3084 Issue Year: 2018
Motorcycle: 5508 Issue Year: 2018
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Owners or lessees of passenger motor vehicles who are residents of the state of Tennessee and who meet one of the following requirements:
- Honorably discharged veterans of Vietnam
- “Under Honorable” discharge does not meet the qualifications for plates requiring an “Honorably Discharged” status
- A civilian veteran
- Civilian actively served in Vietnam with orders
- Official documentation from the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
- Veterans must provide a letter or DD214 from the Department of Veterans Services indicating the applicant’s receipt of the Southeast Asia Campaign Medal and honorable service. Per Veteran Affairs, the Vietnam Service Medal is also acceptable.
- Proof is not required at time of renewal
- Civilian veterans must have official documentation from the United States Army Corps of Engineers classifying the applicant as a civilian veteran of Vietnam
- Applicant who is an active member must provide an award certificate indicating receipt of Southeast Asia Campaign Medal.
Maximum characters available to personalize: 5
To personalize a plate, the applicant must complete the Online Application for Tennessee Personalized License Plate.