TENNESSEE STATE GUARD
Regular: 3993 Issue Year: 2009
Motorcycle: 5561 Issue Year: 2010
Officers: 3995 Issue Year: 2018*
Retired: 3996 Issue Year: 2010
* The State Guard Officers plate will no longer be issued yearly, but will expire each year in September and be renewable as long as the applicant qualifies.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Owners or lessees of passenger motor vehicles who are residents of the State of Tennessee who are active enlisted or retired members or officers of the Tennessee State Guard.
- All Tennessee State Guard plates are issued at full fees, and regardless of what month the plate is issued, expire annually in September, there is no prorated fee.
- County clerks will receive an eligibility list from the Department of Revenue as provided by the Adjutant General of the Tennessee State Guard.
- If the applicant’s name does not appear on the list, they must provide a letter from their commanding officer indicating membership in good standing in the Tennessee State Guard.
- Officers receive two plates with pre-assigned numbers at the regular fee. The State Guard Officers list is sent to all County Clerks at their tn.gov email address.
- When officers desire to register more than two vehicles, the county clerk should issue the next available plate in class code 3993.
These plates cannot be personalized
Number to be issued: unlimited
Vehicle must be registered by: applicant
Class of vehicle: passenger or motorcycle
Owner vs. leased: owner or lessee