MOBILE HOME - PRIVATE

Mobile_Home_cls_4600.jpg

MOBILE HOME

AUTHORITY:

Tenn. Code Ann. Sections 55-4-111(a)(1) Class (D)(ii), 55-4-111(f), 55-4-401— 413
and 55-6-107

PLATE CATEGORY:

Private

CLASS CODES:

Up to 8 Feet Wide: 4600 Issue Year: 2000
Over 8 Feet Wide: 4605 Issue Year: 2000

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:

Individuals electing to register a Mobile homes, tiny homes, or house trailers (manufactured houses)

NOTES:

  • When used upon the highways, mobile homes must be registered in the county of residence according to the size of the mobile home. A mobile home or house trailer is a trailer or semi-trailer that is designed, constructed and equipped as a dwelling place, living abode or sleeping place (either permanently or temporarily) and is equipped for use as a conveyance on streets and highways
  • Mobile homes
    • Range from 8 to 10 feet in width, 35 to over 50 feet in length
    • Are not self-propelled, where a motor home is self-propelled vehicle
  • When a county clerk registers a mobile home, a copy of the certificate of registration must be submitted to the county assessor of property within 10 days by the county clerk
  • The municipality retains 95% of mobile home registration fees. The remaining 5% is remitted to the State. Sales tax is collected only once. A mobile home is subject to sales tax only the first time it is sold at one-half (1/2) of the sales tax rate. Subsequent sales do not require sales tax if evidence of payment of sales tax is provided. 

PERSONALIZATION:

These plates cannot be personalized.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Number to be issued: unlimited
Vehicle must be registered by: applicant 
Class of vehicle: passenger 
Owner vs. leased: owner or lessee

Have more questions? Submit a request

0 Comments

Please sign in to leave a comment.