Up to 8 Feet Wide: 4600 Issue Year: 2000
Over 8 Feet Wide: 4605 Issue Year: 2000
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Individuals electing to register a Mobile homes, tiny homes, or house trailers (manufactured houses)
- When used upon the highways, mobile homes must be registered in the county of residence according to the size of the mobile home. A mobile home or house trailer is a trailer or semi-trailer that is designed, constructed and equipped as a dwelling place, living abode or sleeping place (either permanently or temporarily) and is equipped for use as a conveyance on streets and highways
- Mobile homes
- Range from 8 to 10 feet in width, 35 to over 50 feet in length
- Are not self-propelled, where a motor home is self-propelled vehicle
- When a county clerk registers a mobile home, a copy of the certificate of registration must be submitted to the county assessor of property within 10 days by the county clerk
- The municipality retains 95% of mobile home registration fees. The remaining 5% is remitted to the State. Sales tax is collected only once. A mobile home is subject to sales tax only the first time it is sold at one-half (1/2) of the sales tax rate. Subsequent sales do not require sales tax if evidence of payment of sales tax is provided.
These plates cannot be personalized.
Number to be issued: unlimited
Vehicle must be registered by: applicant
Class of vehicle: passenger
Owner vs. leased: owner or lessee