MEDIUM SPEED VEHICLE
Regular: 9500 Issue Year: 2008
Personalized: 9600 Issue Year: 2008
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Owners or lessees of passenger motor vehicles who are residents of the State of
Tennessee registering medium speed vehicles.
Medium speed vehicle means:
- Any four-wheeled electric or gasoline-powered vehicle, excluding golf carts, unless they have been modified to meet medium speed specifications
- whose top speed is greater than thirty miles per hour (30 mph)
- but not greater than thirty-five miles per hour (35 mph)
- including neighborhood electric vehicle
- Medium speed vehicles must meet or exceed the federal safety standards set forth in 49 CFR 571.500
- This plate is the same size as a motorcycle plate
- Individuals applying for title and registration on a low or medium speed vehicle must submit a Low or Medium Speed Affidavit that certifies the vehicle has been sufficiently modified to meet all low or medium speed vehicle requirements. The affidavit must be submitted with the registration application as a condition of registration.
Maximum characters available to personalize: 6
To personalize a plate, the applicant must complete the Online Application for Tennessee Personalized License Plate.
Number to be issued: unlimited
Vehicle must be registered by: applicant
Class of vehicle: passenger
Owner vs. leased: owner or lessee