TRANSACTION TYPE 84
TEMPORARY OPERATION PERMIT OR DE-TITLE A MOBILE HOME
(NOT ON STATE SYSTEM)
Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-3-138, 55-4-101(2)(e), 55-4-128
This transaction is used to issue Temporary Operation Permits (TOP) for vehicles not
found on the state database. The other use of this transaction is to de-title or cancel a
title on a mobile home.
REQUIREMENTS FOR TEMPORARY OPERATION PERMIT (TOP):
1. Tennessee Certificate of Title
2. Out-of-state title
3. Current registration
4. Bill of sale (90 days or less)
REQUIREMENTS FOR DE-TITLE A MOBILE HOME:
1. Letter of request to De-title
2. Certificate of Title or Certificate of Origin or Manufactured Statement of Origin
3. Certified copy of deed or instrument of conveyance evidencing the real property
4. Certified copy of the Affidavit of Affixation that is recorded at the local Registry of Deeds Office where the home is located.
General information: There is no fee associated with de-titling a mobile home.
Applicant may pay the following:
• Temporary Operation Permit fee(s)
• County Issuance fee(s)
• Additional County Clerk fees may be applicable.