Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-4-101
This transaction is used when an applicant wants to register a vehicle when registration
has expired more than 90 days; when vehicle has not been registered in over 2 years*;
or when the system contains erroneous information that must be corrected i.e.; license
plate number, expiration date or owner’s address.
General information: Any applicant who applies for registration who was a resident of
the county in the previous year or years and was liable for and failed to pay the
applicable wheel tax shall, for such year or years, be liable for and pay all prior years'
wheel taxes prior to being issued such registration.
1. Multi-purpose Application - For Registration
2. Current Registration or (some cases) Old Registration
3. Correction must have an affidavit stating what needs to be corrected or proof that
the system is wrong.
Applicant may pay the following:
• Registration fee (if Application made at time of Renewal)
• County Issuance fee(s)
• Additional County Clerk fees may be applicable.