Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-4-101(f)
This transaction is the re-registration of a vehicle before annual registration expires. This
usually occurs when a person wishes to reclassify the registration of the vehicle.
1. Registrant wants to operate under a different gross registered weight
2. Registrant wants to change the vehicle’s use because of an assessment against the
3. Registrant wants to change to a different plate class
1. Multi-purpose Application - For Registration
2. Current registration
See also in this guide - FEE - HOW TO CALCULATE CREDIT FOR RE-REGISTRATION
Applicant may pay the following:
• Registration fee
• Transfer fee
• Credit to be given for the unused portion of the registration. Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-
• County Issuance fee(s)
• Additional County Clerk fees may be applicable.