It is the responsibility of each county clerk to ensure adequate yet manageable inventory of license plates in their office(s). The Vehicle Services Division Plate and Supply Unit is available to assist you in this matter.
STEPS FOR ORDERING PLATES:
- Ensure every form submitted includes the following:
- Name of County
- County Number
- Ship To (Street Address with City, State, ZIP)
- Phone Number (in case there are questions)
- For each plate, include
- Class Code
- Plate Type Name
- Balance on Hand
- Quantity Requested
- Send the form
- Email the form to email@example.com or
- Fax it to 615-253-5587
- Make full use of the form
- submit as many plate types as possible on the same form
- use a second page only if there is no space remaining on the first
- This will also ensure orders are processed and when possible shipped at the same time.
- Order once a week
- Order what you need but try to anticipate which plates you will need on a weekly basis.
- We understand there are times when a plate is needed quickly, but unless the request is accompanied by a note from the County Clerk seeking expedited service, the request will be handled within a two week period.