Class 1121 - Issued to Nonprofit Organizations. Authorizes a nonprofit organization to obtain a special purpose license plate, in lieu of registering the vehicle, for the following purposes: to transport the vehicle between a prior or subsequent owner and the organization; to transport the vehicle between the organization and a location where cleaning, repairing, or preparation is performed; or to test the vehicle within a 20-mile radius of the location where the cleaning, repairing, or preparation is performed. (Max. 3 plates)
- The issue year changes annually, with new metal production in May
- These plates are not issued to individual vehicles
- Fees vary by class code, however a higher fee is assessed for the first plate purchased; additional plates may be purchased at a reduced fee
- The number an applicant may purchase varies and is dependent on information provided by the Motor Vehicle Commission, however, there is a maximum number of plates that can be purchased annually.
- The fee to replace lost dealer plates shall be the same rate as provided for obtaining the plate initially issued. The fee to replace a mutilated or defaced dealer plate shall be the same as the fee for replacing any other plate; provided, that the mutilated or defaced plate is surrendered to the clerk. TCA 55-4-117 (a)(2)