Class 1120 - Issued to Franchised Dealers who sell new vehicles. Eligibility based on a valid MVC dealer license and evidence of filing an annual sales report. These plates are used for special events and are limited to vehicles that are capable of holding fifteen (15) or more passengers and have fewer than two thousand five hundred (2500) miles on the odometer. (Max. 100 plates)
- The issue year changes annually, with new metal production in May
- These plates are not issued to individual vehicles
- Fees vary by class code, however a higher fee is assessed for the first plate purchased; additional plates may be purchased at a reduced fee
- The number an applicant may purchase varies and is dependent on information provided by the Motor Vehicle Commission, however, there is a maximum number of plates that can be purchased annually.
- The fee to replace lost dealer plates shall be the same rate as provided for obtaining the plate initially issued. The fee to replace a mutilated or defaced dealer plate shall be the same as the fee for replacing any other plate; provided, that the mutilated or defaced plate is surrendered to the clerk. TCA 55-4-117 (a)(2)