Class 1116 - Issued to Transporters who deliver vehicles that are operated under auto registration and issued to Manufacturers who construct or assemble vehicles required to be registered.
- Manufacturers must have valid MVC license identifying them as a manufacturer.
- Transporters must show proof, such as a business license, that identifies them as a transporter.
- The issue year changes annually, with new metal production in May.
- These plates are not issued to individual vehicles.
- Fees vary by class code, however a higher fee is assessed for the first plate purchased; additional plates may be purchased at a reduced fee
- The number an applicant may purchase varies and is dependent on information provided by the Motor Vehicle Commission, however, there is a maximum number of plates that can be purchased annually.
- The fee to replace lost dealer plates shall be the same rate as provided for obtaining the plate initially issued. The fee to replace a mutilated or defaced dealer plate shall be the same as the fee for replacing any other plate; provided, that the mutilated or defaced plate is surrendered to the clerk. TCA 55-4-117 (a)(2)