Class 1112 - Issued to Independent or Used Vehicle Dealers. Eligibility based on a valid MVC dealer license and evidence of filing an annual sales report.
- The issue year changes annually, with new metal production in May
- These plates are not issued to individual vehicles
- Fees vary by class code, however a higher fee is assessed for the first plate purchased; additional plates may be purchased at a reduced fee
- The number an applicant may purchase varies and is dependent on information provided by the Motor Vehicle Commission, however, there is a maximum number of plates that can be purchased annually.
- Class Codes 1112 - max 225 plates
- The fee to replace lost dealer plates shall be the same rate as provided for obtaining the plate initially issued. The fee to replace a mutilated or defaced dealer plate shall be the same as the fee for replacing any other plate; provided, that the mutilated or defaced plate is surrendered to the clerk. TCA 55-4-117 (a)(2)