- A manufactured home is any structure, transportable in one (1) or more sections, which, in the traveling mode, is eight (8) or more body-feet in width or forty (40) or more bodyfeet in length, or when erected on site, is three hundred twenty (320) or more square feet, and which is built on a permanent chassis and designed to be used as a dwelling with or without a permanent foundation when connected to the required utilities, and includes self-contained plumbing, heating, air-conditioning and electrical systems.
- A mobile home is different from a manufactured home in that a mobile home is the mobile home not erected on a permanent chassis. It is also any vehicle or conveyance, not self-propelled, designed for travel upon the public highways, and designed for use as a residence, office, apartment, storehouse, warehouse, or any other similar purpose.
- Application for title only must be made through the County Clerk’s Office.
- The following Documents are required:
- Multi-purpose, Noting of Lien and Duplicate Title Application – For Title Only Certificate of Title
- Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin or Certificate of Origin
- A mobile home is subject to sales tax only the first time it is sold at one-half (1/2) of the sales tax rate. Subsequent sales do not require sales tax if evidence of payment of sales tax is provided.
- Manufactured and Mobile Homes are not required to be titled when affixed to real property.
- Liens on mobile homes that become real property are recorded with the County Register of Deeds.