- The "Certificate of Title Extension Form” is a supplemental document to a Certificate of Title, whereby licensed dealers can transfer a vehicle, also known as an ‘assignment’.
- The Certificate of Title Extension Form is typically used when all assignment spaces on the back of a Certificate of Title are exhausted
- The form CANNOT be used without also presenting a Certificate of Title.
- The form must reference the title number and VIN.
- The form is not to be used by individuals or non-licensed dealers.
- Each assignment must be in successive order and is not valid until completed in full, with the following:
- Signature, printed name, and address of the seller (Dealer)
- Dealer Number and License Jurisdiction
- Date of sale
- Signature, printed name and address of buyer
- Date of sale and sales price
- When applicable
- Lienholder name and address
- Odometer Disclosure Statement, if applicable
- Trade-in vehicle information and value
- Sales and Use tax paid.
- If a mistake is made, a line may be drawn through the incorrect information. The dealer or applicant may then write the correct information and complete an affidavit stating why the change was made. Any other form of alteration or erasure voids the document.
- The Title Extension Form can only be completed by a licensed dealer.
Tennessee Title Extension Form