Undercover plates are frequently issued to a Government Agency.
- The vehicle must be titled and registered with a government plate in the Local Government Agency name prior to being issued an undercover registration.
- The undercover registration should be completed in the bogus name and address that the Local Government Agency provides.
- State and Federal Government Agencies undercover application may only be processed through the Vehicle Services Division.
- The Government Service Vehicle Registration Application must be completed in its entirety and notarized. (Tenn. Code Ann. Section 55-2-107)
- If a Specialty Plate is requested the Specialty Plate fee must be paid in addition to the registration fee.